Unicorn Revolution Book Club
with Mary Miller
Once upon a time there was a nerdy 12 year old girl who was very bored during the summer. Sure, she read lots of books, but books just aren't as fun if you don't have someone to share them with. From this inadequacy the Unicorn Revolution was born; a weekly newsletter all about fantasy books and movies (prominently featuring Harry Potter, of course). Fourteen years later that girl is now a nerdy woman and still feels like books are more fun if you share them. From this universal truth the Unicorn Revolution: Book Club was born.
We will delve into five Young Adult Fantasy and Science Fiction novels that many of you will be familiar with from your childhood. This time around we'll be looking at them with the mature and educated eyes of adults.
- Friday, May 12, 7-8pm
- Friday, June 9, 7-8pm
- Friday, July 14, 7-8pm
- Friday, August 11, 7-8pm
- Friday, September 8, 7-8pm
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman